Friday, January 6, 2017

How to know if your recruitment agency is good or not!!



When I used to work for a recruitment agency in Los Angeles, I was just a graduate from the college. Office and the work culture there was new to me. At that time, we used to have ice-breaking sessions in the lunchtime. Finding things in common, describing complicated stuff in one word, disclosing the secrets, sharing three happy moments and lots more. The games were fun and so was my office with mind-blowing team members. I miss those days as an intern and the enthusiasm of making mistakes to learn better. Moreover, I miss the city of Los Angeles, as I had to shift to Miami with my family.    

Later on, I completed my MBA and started working as an HR in Miami itself. While searching a job I came across various recruitment agencies, which were not up to the industry standards. I had to struggle a lot to find a placement company, which I can trust completely. However, the main point is not the struggle that I have faced; it is about the guidelines I would deliver for you to judge a recruitment agency better. 


1.       Primarily it is important to know if the agency charges fees to the candidate. If the answer to this question is ‘Yes’ then the staffing agency is not the best one. The reason is that staffing agencies never charge their candidates. Their clients pay them the amounted commission and that’s what the company functions on.


2.       The recruitment company you are working with would feed you with dreams and promises. Do take an effort to verify if the claims they are making even true or not. Do not even think of applying for a job if the agency is making false promises.


3.       If the recruitment agency asks for references to you, it is totally fine. However, if your references are the only leads available to them, then there is a problem. A staffing company shall be self-sufficient to create a talent pool of its own. 


4.       When visiting a staffing agency, you will probably meet more than one representative of theirs. Observe the method of speaking for all of them. If all the employees are extremely overconfident, then it is not the right company either. Prefer an agency that has the most professional employees, as they are the key for your recruitment. 


5.       If the consultant of the placement company miami is very keen on closing certain positions, then it is going to create a problem for you. These consultants are very smart to persuade new candidates to take up jobs that are not directly related to the candidate’s profile. Never become a scapegoat for meeting the targets of your recruitment consultants.         

1 comment:

  1. Nice tips,If we follow the guidelines above,there is no reason why we won’t find a good and ethical recruitment agency.
    staffing solutions company hyderabad

    ReplyDelete